Monday, February 16, 2009

Today, I Signed My Life Away

It's called the "Contract to Success" and listed within this agreement are 3 rules:
1. Thou shall not go on Youtube or the like which includes watching dramas.
2. Thou shall not use instant messaging services for any other purposes other than school.
3. Thou shall not lie in any circumstances.

My sister had originally imposed these ideas on herself; however, she not wanting to go through this ban alone, convinced me to do this with her. I gave it some thought and after coming to terms with the guidelines, I reluctantly agreed, shook on it and signed the Mashimaro stationary contract.

I haven't broken yet but I've been itching to go on Youtube. To me, searching and watching videos online is a stress reliever. It's been a habit of mine since first year and it makes me happy, even if it is temporary. I know I spend way too much time procrastinating so I'm thinking this will be a good chance for me to change my ways.

There are, of course, penalties involved and if any of the rules are broken, the guilty will have to face the consequences. It has now become both an internal battle as well as a competition of who can survive the longest. The dates are set in writing for the next 2 weeks (minus Fridays) so, if you start noticing more calls, texts, emails or facebook messages from me - you now know why xD Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Resa said...

aw Jan~ You can do it. That's why I haven't seen you online much. You can do it... hwaiting~ We can talk during the weekends .

Anonymous said...

LOL....uh oh haha. Well....I won't mind more txts and calls.