After purchasing Brown Eyed Soul's The Wind, The Sea, The Rain (Vol. 2) on impulse, I've listened to the album for the past 2 days. It's awesome study music as the sounds and harmonies are very soothing... to the soul. It is very much like what Jung Yeop, a member of Brown Eyed Soul says, "Our music is like coffee. The more you grind and brew it, the stronger it tastes. It is absorbed by the soul." (cr: Dong-A Ilbo)
The other reason why I like them so much is that their music reminds me of Korea. I was first introduced to this R&B group by none other than the Norebang boys, through Doo Sung's recommendations and Kuang Wu's rendition of My Everything. Whenever I listen to their songs, familiar faces appear in my mind and that well-known feeling of missing returns once again. When I called Paul oppa last week, he joked that I left my heart in Korea. I told him he's right, I feel like I left half my heart there. I know I'll have to go back eventually because Korea has the soundtrack to my heart.
Brown Eyed Soul Personal Favourites:
Soul-free - My Everything | Go | 바보 (Fool) | 정말 사랑했을까 (Was It Really Love?)
Vol. 2 - My Story | Promise You | Nothing Better
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment