Sunday, February 22, 2009
Graduations & Friends Forever
Translations [HERE]
As I was listening to 2AM's Graduation, I began to wonder if my school life made such a big impact on myself. The transition between elementary school to high school was not a difficult one since practically my whole grade 7 class transferred over to the high school just four blocks away.
Throughout the years I've kept in touch with a few childhood friends, made new friends and lost others in the process of learning about myself and finding my place of belonging. Recently, I came across my stack of high school grad photos given to me by friends. Reminiscing about the good ol' days, when we made countless of mistakes, fooled around in and out of class, and talked about our future goals and dreams, still makes me smile. When we get together for dinner during birthdays and holidays, it makes me happy to see that some things just haven't changed.
Other times when I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll pull out my yearbook and read those little messages written in different coloured ink accompanied by smileys and occasionally a scribbled "friends forever". I too have written this many times before but it made me wonder how many of these friends do I still talk to. When I finally noticed this pattern, I thought of all those times I wrote those empty words and vowed to only do this when I believed that I could indeed keep this promise.
Nevertheless, I still believe that each person I've met along the way has made some impact on my life and I cannot imagine what it'd be like if even one person was missing throughout this journey. I'll be graduating again in a little more than a year and I already know it won't be nearly as special as my elementary and high school graduations. Congratulations to those who will be graduating this year~ don't forget about the rest of us ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment