Saturday, December 13, 2008

Can you spell quiet?

So my Korea landlord's daughters have been accepted by the Canadian Education Bureau to begin their elementary studies in London, Ontario (Btw, does anyone know anything about London?) Anyway, with the news came the memories of ESL/LAC classes back in good ol' elementary school. I think I was in grade 2/3 at the time when I noticed that a few of my classmates would be called down to take ESL/LAC classes whenever we'd have Fine Arts & Languages aka English period. I secretly envied these kids and wondered what fun and amazing things they got to do with this awesome 'Mrs. Lam'. One day, curiosity finally killed the cat when my name was called to go to the LAC (Learning & Assessment Centre). There I got to do fun worksheets and get extra 1 on 1 attention by the teachers (score!). I faintly remember telling my parents what I had done in school at dinner that night and the next thing you know, they were talking to my class teacher about my progress. Apparently there had been a misunderstanding and after looking at my work, they realized that I didn't need these classes (boo :() . The reason for this mistake was that I was "too quiet for my own good" in class so my teacher had thought I didn't understand what was going on. At least I wasn't the forgotten student in class who they thought had little to contribute. So YAY for me! (I should really update more often now that school's out -_-)

0 comments: