I came home after class today to find my sister in her room counting origami cranes. She explained that a guy friend had folded 1000 of them for her birthday. I stared at her in shock and asked, "Do you know the significance of 1000 paper cranes?!"
The origins of this activity is based on a Japanese legend that anyone who folds 1000 cranes will be granted a wish. I've heard of many people doing this for friends and family who are sick in hopes of blessing them to recover quickly. While this may be the case, I didn't think much of it until I was watching Episode 21 of We Got Married. Hyun Joong had secretly folded 6 paper cranes for Hwang Bo, and during the beach event told her that that if you fold 1000 cranes, love will come true. He then promised her that he'd make up the rest and be good to her for the next 994 days :)
By the way, if you're wondering how many origami cranes my sister counted... there were 987!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Jan!! :DD How're you doing?? ^_^ I've just finished my Econs paper so now I only have one paper left (Accounts, next Tuesday) before I can officially go on a holiday XD
Haha you haven't watched Never Ending Wonderful Story yet? Nah that's okay 8DD~ You're more into Kpop artists now right? =P ~ It's nice that we met through JE fangirling though XDDD
And I recommend the drama Ryuusei no Kizuna! I'm at episode 4 now, and so far I'm enjoying the it =)
Gotta go eat lunch now, so I'll talk to you soon okay! Take care :DD
Post a Comment