Sunday, November 22, 2009
你好吗? should never be used as a pickup line
As some of you may know, I work as a receptionist at a physiotherapy clinic. I vividly remember my very first day of training. At one point, the full-time receptionist suddenly turned to me and advised, "If anyone flirts or hits on you, say you have a boyfriend. Even if you don't, still say you do." I laughed thinking she was kidding but unfortunately, she was not. Thinking back, there were quite a few incidents (including an elevator one) when particular patients made me feel uncomfortable and wishing I would never have to see them ever again. On Friday, I met another man who earned a spot on that list of mine. He walked in and after signing in he looked up, pointed at me and expressed, "Cute". Confused, I looked to my side. He did it again and I looked at him and thought, "uh.. okay? gross" He then attempted to exchange Chinese dialogue with me. "Ni hao ma?" Unfazed I answered, "Wo hen hao, ni ne?" He looked down to avoid responding. "So you learned Chinese before?" I asked. Man: "Of course not! I'm from the hood girrlll!" (whatever that was supposed to mean *insert eye rolling*) and then continued to inform me that Italian guys love to date Asian girls. Me (not interested): "Ohh reallyy?" Luckily at this time, my co-worker appeared and the conversation stopped. You wanna know something else? His name was Jesus, no joke D:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
..... a failed chinese attempt from the dude. It's okay Jan <3 At least your co worker came. weirdos =_="
Post a Comment