I'm not gonna lie, this past month has certainly not been the best of times. I've had feelings of giving up, ready to be over and done with everything. But there's always something that stops me, a nudge, a small glimmer of hope that makes me believe that I can do this if I just put my mind to it. Strangely enough, while I was feeling under the weather, that was the underlying message behind almost every entry from my favourite blogs. You only lose when you don't try.
Months later, I'm still struggling with letting go and leaving my future and dreams in God's hands. It's scary to not know which way to go but I do trust that He'll reveal His plan at the right time. I'm thankful for the doors that He has closed and trust that He has my best interests at heart.
I was so confused with what to do with my life, unsure whether I should do more coop, continue with school, graduate sooner and work, or go on with post-grad studies in speech therapy. But then I received my answer several weeks ago when a guy at church shared how his coop experiences led him to his current job, something he never imagined himself doing or loving. He convinced me to figure out what I'd like to do and so I decided to apply with VANOC 2010 Olympics who had extended their application deadline by a few days! I had my first interview on Tuesday and now I'm shortlisted as Events staff :) Although it's not a position I had initially expressed interest in, I'm still thankful that they gave me an opportunity. I should be having my 2nd interview soon and then we'll see if I'm officially in!
So everyone, please don't give up and always have faith! You're in my prayers :) And even though we celebrated Thanksgiving in Canada last month, I'd like to say I'm thankful for all of you - my family, friends, good days & bad, music, experiences, love and everything else in between ♥
Inspiration: Jaeson Ma - When one door closes in life, another door will open (Very encouraging!)
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Congrats Jan <3 I am glad things are looking up for you. I hope you get the position... better then the bus depot right? kakaka (:
Keep fighting through and believing in yourself. I am rooting for you 100% in whatever you do~!!!
Post a Comment