Friday, October 16, 2009

When Souls Collide

I led my first Bible study on Genesis 2:4-25 last Friday and things got interesting. While flipping through the verses, my group and I eventually got onto the topic of what types of people we thought would complement each of us. Answers such as "someone who'd bring out the best in me and make me want to improve myself" as well as "someone opposite from me but with some similar interests" came up but when I was asked what I thought about designated persons (aka soulmates), it caused me to stop in my tracks. This question never fails me baffle me and I still don't know how to answer it. Well, we discussed and there are really only 2 possible views. Either you believe that there is only one designated person out there for you (but you don't have any choice or say in this process and risk the chance of never meeting them) or you think that there are a whole bunch of people to choose from and the one you choose (and decide to spend your life with) becomes your soulmate. But how do you know if you made the right choice? I guess it all comes down to having faith that the two of you will be brought together. Lovely, isn't it? What do you think?

2 comments:

Ivy's Closet said...

Most people have more than one soul mate. You may already be in several soul mate relationships with friends and loved ones. A soul mate can come in the form of a life partner, treasured friend, child, or lover. A soul mate can be someone with whom you share a spiritual path, a joint work in the world, or a commitment to be parents to certain souls. It can be someone whose growth you are sponsoring, such as a child.

Read more: http://www.gaia.com/quotes/topics/soulmate#ixzz0Uh69SgTp

Ivy's Closet said...

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds


Nicholas Sparks
Source: The Notebook