The Weekend - With Awana training from 9-3 and then a birthday dinner on Saturday, it felt like the day would never end. I feel really bad for falling asleep during the orientation but I couldn't sleep the night before and it felt like I was sitting through a very long lecture :/ I did learn a few things while I was awake and despite the challenges I know I'll most likely face, I'm excited. For dinner, we went to Posh. It's been nice seeing these people more this summer :)
Sunday was Nicky & Jessica's wedding and the highlight was definitely seeing the "H" brothers [and yes, they are still looking good ;)] Although I felt pangs of regret, I know that whatever happened in the past has passed and there's no point in thinking of what ifs; the present is now and all I can do is be happy for them and move on.
Yesterday, I ended up watching the Time Traveller's Wife (wish I read the book first!) which caused the person I went with to question whether it would be better to know what your future holds (who you'll marry and when you'll die) or to go through life without knowledge of what's gonna happen next (like now). If I did know, maybe I'd treasure life more but I think I'd always be worrying about tomorrow. It's a pretty decent movie but I'm sure the book is even better! I was good about not crying until the end but had to blink back the tears 'cause of the guy sitting next to me. (I like to be able to cry freely during movies but not in front of people I don't know well :P)
I'm sorry, my life isn't all that exciting and I haven't been inspired/worked up about anything that's worth blogging about (my blog titles haven't been all that creative either). I'm all emo-ed and reflectioned out. I've been quite surprised at how quickly I've recovering from stress as well as unpredictable events; nothing lasts for more than a day or two. It has been a meaningful summer and now I'm just enjoying the last bits of it before school starts. How's your summer going?
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Whaa, it seems so eventful. I hope you are doing okay though. Sorry I haven't been around either. I fail and I am sorry. But I am here if you need me. I miss you~!
Post a Comment