Wednesday, July 6, 2011
5 Years From Now
As I was cleaning my room today, I came across a few holiday cards, birthday notes, as well as a note I received from a friend prior to high school graduation. It made me smile.. until I thought back on our last encounter. I've thought of this friend numerous times post-grad and on the rare occasions we did meet up, I made mental notes to care more, to keep in touch often and to be a better friend. I always felt that I didn't do 'enough' but as I skimmed through that note again, I realized that I did what I could and maybe that was enough. At the end of the note, my friend wrote about how she was looking forward to see what path I'd take 5 years from then... and she did see as I watched her sink deeper into self-pity. Every time I pass her workplace I wonder what would happen if we saw each other, what I'd say, if she still worked there. Wish I knew where she was 'cause I'd bake her cookies all the time just to make sure she was okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment