Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have an amazing 2010 with brand new experiences and life lessons :)
I've been reflecting about 2009 but it's quite overwhelming to think of everything. I've been going through past blog entries, figuring out what I've done, learned, accomplished and whether I'm happy with where I am right now. I remember back when I was in high school during fellowship, I was asked to draw something that represented me at that present state. I drew a blob and explained that I was in the process of finding who I was. In 2009, I've done a few 180's and still am being continuously remolded, but now I can feel myself taking shape. It was the year of drama and repeated struggles; however, I think I've grown and matured from these experiences. I've learned lessons in faith, patience, trust and perseverance and although I lacked in all these areas at particular times, I know I can only try harder this year.
Last year I realized how important relationships are to me and learned to depend on others for a change. Moreover, I've become more open, honest and less afraid to show others my true colours. I guess you could say that I've become a lot more comfortable and confident in my own skin. I feel very blessed to have grown closer to my friends and family, to rediscover past friendships and to begin new relationships with people around me.
2009 was a dramatic year, not necessarily in love but also friendship. I've met people whom I thought I was attracted to and learned that I actually didn't like what I originally believed to be my ideal qualities. But I'm thankful nonetheless for figuring this out sooner than later, and am glad to know now rather than before when I didn't even know who I was. 2010 is the year when I'll graduate. I'm both excited and ready for this chapter to close and another one to begin. I'm still in the process of improving myself but I feel myself getting there, and believe that as long as I focus on the important things in life, everything else will fall into place when the timing is right.
In 2010, I hope to grow up more, to become even more understanding of the world and people around me, to accept change more readily and gracefully, to be pro-active and take more risks, and to continue improving myself in every way that I can. I hope to remember that whenever I'm faced with obstacles, that I take it as a time of maturing and learning and see it as a part of the bigger picture in life.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment