We are now on Day 6 of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics! I am absolutely in love with the atmosphere of the city - so vibrant, patriotic and lively - I cannot believe I actually live here! It's really great to see cultures connecting together and dreams coming true. The athletes continually wow me with their dedication and talents; everyone is truly a winner. As for the houses and pavilions, I have yet to see them all! I'll try to squeeze in some more time for city exploring after work. The most exciting Olympic event I've been to so far was yesterday's victory ceremonies, thanks to Ivy! :) You could totally feel the patriotism fill the entire stadium - and I could finally put my red Olympic mittens to good use!
Work-wise, I'm constantly intrigued by the various stories and life experiences shared by my coworkers - it's so amazing to meet people from around the world, all gathered in one place. We come from different walks of life and although we sometimes misunderstand each other, we're bound by this common understanding that we're a team and we're in this together. I'm blessed to have met such an amazing group of open-minded individuals who have such bright futures ahead of them. A few days ago, one of my coworkers had commented, "Let's be honest here, we're most likely not going to be keeping in touch"... it made me feel sad but it also reminded me to cherish every moment of every day and to take and learn as much as I can in each opportunity and experience I've been given. Here's to the next 9 shifts! [Hope I get to see a few more celebrities and athletes while I'm at it ;)]
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Awww... I am glad you are having a good time (: I want to see all the pictures once you are free.
Post a Comment